Remote Sensing Professional
- Remote Work and Travel as Needed
- Land Regeneration Monitoring R&D
- Development of MRV Solutions
5th World is looking to hire an experienced remote sensing professional with a strong background in Ecology. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about ecosystems and developing methods to monitor their evolution. They will be responsible for performing literature reviews regarding ecosystems’ health and land regeneration outcomes using remote sensing, testing different metrics and providing recommendations. They will also be responsible for evaluating and testing field instruments.
About the Role:
You will be working in the MRV (Measuring, Reporting and Verification) department, and directly with the department head. The MRV department is responsible for developing cutting edge technologies for measuring land regeneration on a global scale.
This role requires an ecological engineer, professional biologist, ecologist or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of experience between ecology and remote sensing. It also requires experience working with GIS and a variety of remote sensing methods and metrics, having a deep understanding of the state of the science regarding the measurement of ecosystem processes. Field experience in biodiversity, carbon and soil/water health assessments is considered an asset. Experience working with Google Earth Engine or similar technologies is a plus.
- Literature review pertaining to land regeneration monitoring using remote sensing
- Collaborate with other researchers and scientists in the MRV space
- Testing remote sensing metrics using multiple data sources
- Gathering field measurements
- Providing recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good documentation practices
- Technologically proficient and able to learn new software quickly
- Proficient in problem-solving
- Collaborative work style and approach
- Work in startup setting: ability to pivot and remain agile in a changing context
- Self starting
You’re a great fit if…
- You are eager to take on challenges and think outside the box to find creative solutions.
- You are passionate about land regeneration and working in a team to create mechanisms to regenerate planet earth.
- You are able to work remotely and travel as needed.
- You are willing to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Working at 5th World
We’re a fast-growing land regeneration company. Our mission is to support regenerative practices by changing mindsets and economic systems. We’re an international team of 20+ people with a homebase in British Columbia, Canada.
We accomplish our mission by….
- Training and certifying consultants who help farmers and landowners regenerate their land.
- Developing cutting edge monitoring and verifying systems that measure the actual improvement in land regeneration
- Building financial mechanisms to assist landowners in the regenerative practices.
Our core values are:
- Do the right thing
- Fairness & Caring
- Trust & Respect
- Generous Listening
- Straight Talk
Join the team to regenerate planet earth!
Please send us your resume and complete the following survey before December 31st 2022:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building systems to regenerate planet earth.