Strategic Finance Lead
We're looking for a Strategic Finance Lead to serve as the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical finance, accounting, and business questions related to Patch's near- and long-term success. You will solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (e.g. recruiting, sales, marketing, product).
What you'll do
- Create models to forecast the evolution of our business’s growth, margins, expansion plans, and overhead
- Build our reporting process to provide actionable insights to leadership across the organization in a timely manner (monthly, yearly, and on)
- Manage all aspects of cash flow by monitoring the in and outflows of capital (e.g., implement billing and expense tracking processes)
- Own all aspects of accounting operations & financial reporting (including taxes, audits, etc) in collaboration with external service providers
- Manage vendors and contractors across AP, AR, Payroll, and Accounting
- Manage payroll and employee benefits programs to ensure our employees (our most valuable assets) are paid and taken care of
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team on financial planning, revenue strategies, and results management
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
Who you are
- Proven track-record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering data-backed decisions and outputs
- A creative and collaborative problem solver, from database structuring to insight delivery
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Extremely responsive. Things move quickly when you’re scaling from 0 to 1
- An expert at synthesizing insights for cross-functional integration and understanding
- Results-driven and restless until the job is done
- Mission-driven and motivated about putting in hours that will do good for the world
- Have a strong willingness and curiosity to learn about new industries, technologies, and strategies
- High adversity quotient! The biggest endeavors come with exciting challenges at every turn.
What sets you apart
- Strong background in finance and accounting (e.g., investment banking, consulting, FP&A/accounting)
- Experience building & owning pieces of a finance function, both quant- & qualitative, at an early-stage, venture-backed company
- In-depth process orientation with meticulous attention to detail alongside rigorous organization & time-management
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- In general, you should have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience and 2+ years of finance/accounting team management experience
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) Degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA or CMA certification is highly preferred
What makes patch exciting
- At Patch, we're building the software infrastructure for a sustainable economy - an infrastructure that will help unlock giga-tonne scale carbon removal and ultimately play a role in mitigating the most drastic effects of global warming.
- Beyond our mission, we're committed to building a world-class culture that you can thrive in!
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Holistic wellness benefits, including a monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-friendly work place for changing times
- Low-ego & hyper-collaborative culture
- Time-off as needed vacation policy
- Growth mindsets & a healthy feedback approach
Your application has been successfully submitted.