Albo Climate, a growing Israel-based startup in the climate tech space is looking for a passionate, dedicated and experienced Data Engineer. Looking for an engineer to take ownership of the data in a data-centered company with full control of Albo’s ETL pipeline.
The right candidate will implement automated processing pipelines for large geo-spatial datasets, especially satellite imagery.
Design and maintain our ever-growing databases as well as research and incorporate new ones will be required. You will be expected to collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to put our models into production, as well as pre-process while analyzing optical, radar and lidar information in reproducible environments.
Lastly, we seek someone who can implement anomaly detection pipelines and design best data practices to guide team enforcement.
- 3+ years of professional experience in data engineering
- Take initiative - It’s a fast-moving dynamic startup!
- Experience working with point cloud, geospatial raster and vector datasets (with Python, SQL and bash script).
- Experience developing and maintaining databases
- Proficiency with cloud-computing infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Data Science, Environmental Informatics, Remote Sensing, Machine Learning, SW or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Able to be independent and quickly acquire new skills and apply them
- Ability to work, collaborate and lead a multidisciplinary team
- Great communication and technical writing skills.
- Be nice and care about the environment :)
- Fluent in English
- Experience developing and maintaining geospatial databases
- Proficiency with Google Cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with optical and radar information
- Experience working with GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS, GEE)
- Experience with R, Julia, Matlab and GDAL
- M.Sc. in Data Science, Environmental Informatics, Remote Sensing, Machine Learning, SW or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
For a climate positive future.