Europe Ecosystem Lead
At the Celo Foundation, we support various partners across the Celo Ecosystem including cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, whose mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As a Regional Lead for Europe, you will develop and implement the strategy to maximize Celo awareness and adoption. You will be responsible for building out the Celo ecosystem for Europe, acting as the spokesperson for Celo, leading the efforts of the Country Leads, and identifying ways to increase the flow of Celo assets.
- Build an ecosystem for Celo in Europe so that Celo assets are easy to buy, sell, and spend
- Establish relationships with organizations that are aligned with the Celo mission and are interested in growing Celo and joining the Celo Alliance for Prosperity
- Build the Celo community in Europe to create awareness of Celo and increase adoption of Celo
- Represent Celo in industry events across the region
- Lead Country Leads in the region
- Knowledge of blockchain and relevant business development experience in Europe
- Understanding the various cultures and can help bring Celo to life in a very localized way
- Have a network of organizations in the region, such as crypto founders and developers, crypto influencers and other projects in Web 3
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a drive to serve communities around the globe
The Celo Foundation is a non-profit organization based in the US that supports the growth and development of the open-source Celo Platform. Guided by the Celo community tenets, the Foundation contributes to education, technical research, environmental health, community engagement, and ecosystem outreach—activities that support and encourage an inclusive financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for everyone.
Celo Foundation is a TEAL organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To be successful in our mission of creating the conditions of financial prosperity for all, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity—for everyone.